As gatekeepers to the teaching profession, the Mersey Boroughs organisation take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously, our staff are fully trained on current safeguarding practices and in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance we uphold a culture of ongoing vigilance.
Applicants should be aware that during our interview and pre-registration processes we carry out all necessary background checks including.
- Proof of identity
- Satisfactory references (including suitability to work with children)
- Enhanced DBS check
- Occupational Health (fitness to teach)
- online/social media history check
- Children’s Barred List check
- Prohibition Order check
- Childcare Disqualification check
- Overseas criminal history checks (where necessary)
- Eligibility to remain/work in the UK